Sunday, February 22, 2009

Jackson is two cool!

Ok, just one picture. Tickles do NOT make her smile...
This bowl aint big enough for the both of us...
Jackson and his "Mimi"
The Elmo cupcake cake... Cool eh?

Mommy helping Jackson blow out his candles
Making valentines for Mommys


Well, we officially have a two year old in our house now.  Jackson is an amazing little boy and it is awesome to see how he is changing.  He has the funniest sense of humor and is up for anything.  He love, loves his baby sister and wants to be a big helper.  Jackson is starting to talk so much more and is now repeating the last word that you say like a parrot.  I have had a little fun with that... He is currently obsessed with changing clothing and accessories.  Jacks routinely walks around the house wearing his church tie, hats or snow boots.  He is starting the potty training process this week and is doing amazing! He goes peepee really well and we are trying to get #2 on the potty also.  I wasn't even going to start potty training, but he was ready and has let me know.  He can easily remove his diaper and I was finding him on the big potty-I guess that children have their own time table don't they?  He even tried to use his little potty seat standing up like Daddy yesterday and got pee everywhere.  Parenting is an adventure.  The other funny thing is that we are trying to teach him to share.  Jacks had tons of kids over on his birthday and was sharing so well, but the week before I was talking to him about sharing alot.  I was eating my lunch and he walked over to me and said ""Mommy, caniafsum?" (Can I have some) I said "No, Jack-Jack, this is Mommy's food" and then he looked at me and said "Share peez".  Well, there you go, you cannot be hypocritical with kids so he got some of Mommy's lunch.  Now he uses the "share" line to get soda and other adult treats. I thank my Heavenly Father every day for blessing me with this amazing opportunity to parent such a sweet, choice little spirit.  
Will post some pictures of Madilyn later- she will be five months on Wednesday, can you believe it??
Love you all,
Sara
PS. Does anyone have suggestions for dealing with mouthy 14 year olds? I got called to be the young women's second counselor and I am having issues with this one girl in particular who has attitude to spare.  I am praying for love but so far the blessing hasn't come yet...

4 comments:

Megan said...

What cute kids! I know that my aunt was the Mia Maid counselor for a long time and had really problems with the mouthy, mean girls. Good luck!

Cristina said...

Sara...you should be great at this calling. How long did you deal with me??? Seriously...You will be amazing!! They can learn a lot from you

The Carpenter Family said...

so cute!! Love the cake!! Brooklynn loves elmo. I love all the pictures! As for the mouthy teens all I can say is patience and love. Easy to say I know, but you are doing great!!

The Woolner Family said...

Sam had an elmo cake at his 2nd birthday too. Oh, and I've been in YW for 6 years now and this ward was a complete throwback for me b/c all the girls had major attitude. The one I was most annoyed by I asked to babysit at least twice. I got to know her better during car rides and her attitude changed a lot after that.